Student Scholarship Program
Dr. Ibrahim Uwaydah Scholarship
Deadline: July 31, 2013
The Palestinian American Bridge (PAB) organization is pleased to announce that a limited number of scholarships are available for the academic year 2012/2013. Ibrahim Uwaydah Scholarship, was established by the organization in honor of the late Dr. Ibrahim Uwaydah for students of Palestinian origin who study in the Houston area in higher education institutions, yet another major milestone in the organization’s endeavors.
The Board of Directors of the Palestinian American Bridge (PAB) believes that supporting education is an effective way to ensure the future strength of our community, as well as support the aspirations of our youth.
The Scholarship committee of the Palestinian American Bridge (PAB) is interested in assisting a broad spectrum of students who intend to continue their education. In the last 2 years, a total of sixteen scholarships have been awarded to qualified applicants, based on their academic record. Serious consideration will be given to those students who have demonstrated outstanding academic performance as well as financial need.
Ibrahim Uwaydah’s Scholarship is a merit and need based scholarship. The amount of money that will be awarded is based on the financial need of the student.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 3.0/4.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) in high school, and must maintain a 3.0/4.0 Grade GPA in the university or college to keep the scholarship award. Priority will be given to the highest GPA students. High SAT score is
- Applicant should be willing to be an active member of the community and to be supportive to PAB and its goals as listed in the bylaws of the organization.
- Applicant who meets the eligibility requirements must submit a completed application annually throughout the scholarship duration and provide all required supporting documents as listed in the application.
- Applicant must meet the GPA requirements.
- Applicant must be accepted or enrolled as full time student in an accredited four-year university or two-year college in the Houston Metropolitan area.
- Applicant must be a resident of the Houston Metropolitan area.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can download the application form, fill it completely, sign it and mail it to the following address:
Houston, Texas 77259
Applications received prior to the deadline date will be fully considered.
Applicants might be invited for personal interview.